PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Things EMA
Thread: All Things EMA
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2004, 15:05
rock737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

the easy stuff sounds good at ema if it materialises, its about time there was some major expansion after all they and ryanair both operate a decent well suited operation out of NEMA.

As for bmibaby going to BHX, can someone tell me what planet are they on, what are they thinking, high landing fees, less slots not they have slots (well more options for delays) and less than 1 hours drive from EMA. They should concentrate on EMA and MAN and ditch Teeside and Cardiff, perhaps expanding at Gatwick. Dublin should go bmi regional very quickly IMO and also there should be new routes to copenhagen and a german destination - perhaps frankfurt as well for them. Perhpas some operated by A319s by mainline or A318s if they get them. Althoug A318 is not available with IAE engines unlike theyre 319/320/321s have. Bmibaby should introduce expansion at EMA on holiday routes such as further spanish or greek and canary destinations, perhaps some more french destinations. 8 aircraft should be operated out of EMA. Germanwings should launch EMA to cologne and Snowflake EMA-Oslo or Stockholm since theyre partners in star alliance and bmibaby is linked to bmi obviously, who are part of this alliance.

Ryanair seem to be going well, if they add the rumoured routes then the future should be bright for them, although if bmibaby don't see sense i cant see them being for much longer well not at NEMA anyway. No offence to anyone but it seems to be stupid decision after stupid decision at the moment.

Just my thoughts