PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Hall of Shame
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2004, 00:03
TheNightOwl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko, the Aussies CAN lose with grace and without whinging, with the exception of the wind-up merchants and pillocks who post here. As a Scot resident in Oz for over 20 years, and an avid fan of the English rugby style, let me tell you that the English team were applauded and feted in YMML by the REAL fans, i.e. those who got off their arses and went to watch the game. All agreed it was a spectacle to behold, and one of the finest of its type ever witnessed. It was classic rugby in many ways, by both teams, but won by the team with the ability to realise that the team with the points on the board at the final whistle is the winner - not the team trying, persistently, for the most spectacular try-and-conversion.
Stop knocking the Poms, all of you, all you achieve is the denigration of one of the most exciting games of rugby I have ever seen. England were well and truly thumped by the Aussies a couple of weeks ago, and they deserved to be, but it was NOT simply because Jonny was absent, the team played abysmally! End of story!

Also end of rant,

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl.