PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All Things EMA
Thread: All Things EMA
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2004, 17:32
bmibaby.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is the easyJet fully self service check in going?

Speaking to a friend of mine who works for Servisair at NEMA, not too well. Apparently, the machines are constantly breaking down with techincal problems, if lots of flights are checking in at once - the number of machines are inadequate causing huge queues, and the staff feel helpless if a problem arises, because they can only check the bag, not re-print any labels or boarding passes.

At bmibaby this month, we will be recieving a set of self-service ticketing kiosks at NEMA, with plans to introduce them to other UK bases over the next six months. These, unlike at Easy, will not replace the traditional check-in system, but will instead provide a fast-track check-in process which bmi mainline already offers for its business passengers at LHR.

bmi regional will be re-evaluating their services from NEMA over the next month. Brussels will definately be staying on the network, and there are rumours of either a brand new route, or other business cities going over to regional. I did hear something about regional looking into the 318 for larger routes not covered by the 319 or too big for the ERJ-145.

It's unlikely that bmi will launch flights from NEMA to Scandinavia or Germany, and mainline & baby are always trying to convince Lufthansa & SAS to launch routes, but because they have a strong presence at BHX this is unlikely to change. Rumors are still making the rounds that Germanwings will be arriving, being sped up by the new Easy route to Koeln. No news of Snowflake!

Ryanair are apparently looking into Frankfurt (Hahn), Glasgow (Prestwick), Milan (Bergamo), Venice (Treviso) and Rome (Ciampino).

That's all the rumors at NEMA that I know of ... until soon