PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Flight Training Exeter
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2004, 13:38
Whispering Giant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airways Flight Training @ Exeter

Danny,

I am currently doing my CPL skills module at Airways flight training in Exeter. You can't go wrong by choosing them for doing your CPL and IR.
The instructers are excellent and all of them have a military background and were qualified QFI's in the Airforce, a couple of them are ex CFS ( Central Flying School ) - Not only that they all have flown for various Airline's and several of them were also training captains. The CFI ( Brian Marindon ) is an ex Cathay Pacific training Captain and the deputy CFI ( Ted welstead ) is also a CAA Examiner.
The training you get there is first class and is off the highest quality they have a very high first time pass rate for both the CPL ( approx 95% first time pass Rate ) and for the IR ( approx 85-90 % first time pass rate.)
The aircraft are also top quality as well with HSI/RMI fitted to all the aircraft ( at the moment the warrior has it's HSI removed for maint) and one of the arrow's also has a Garmin 430 combined nav/com/GPS setup.
The sim side of thing's is about to be upgraded - at the moment they use a frasca 142, but in the next 6-8 week's a new sim is being installed which is based on the Duchess which has a computer generated display for the cockpit window's simulating the outside world.
They are very highly regarded as a training orginisation by several airlines and by the military as they do a lot of military conversions there.
If you would like any more info then drop me a line.

brgds
W.G