PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2004, 01:11
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WALLEY2, we received the following self explanatory email from Max (Gagged Again, Bindook.com etc). I'm not sure whether he wanted this posted in this thread or the World's Worst ATC thread.

G'Day Woomeries,

Sorry to trouble you one last time however I note a posting from WALLEY 2 (Mike Capelhorne) and would like to convey a message to him. I'm sick to death of re registering with pprune then getting shut out, so I'd ask if you can forward it /personally, or post it publically for me please.

Mr. Capelhorne,

Your post on the thread "the NAS debate.. other opinions" has been noted. If this is indeed the case behind your posting on the bindook.con thread, please accept my apology, I have certainly read your comment out of context.

However, I DID contact you personally through the pprune site to give you the chance to explain this message before my posting, and received no reply from you.

As for Woomera's "double standard", to their credit they have removed the offensive sections of the postings in question, which were not yours.

I look forward to discussions on NAS being held elsewhere where ALL sides can get a fair hearing... not just the ones who support your cause, right or wrong.

Regarding your Certified air/ground radio service/ Mandatory broadcast Zone in YBRM If you have the pax numbers through your airport like you state then why the hell is it an MBZ with CAGRS in the first place. I'll give you one simple abbreviated sentence to go a long way to solve your problem... ATC,
Class "C" and SSR, if you're that keen to make YBRM safe. However, I'd say that you'll say that is cost prohibitive.

True forums Mr Capelhorne are where BOTH sides express a point of view equally, NOT 50 VS 1 in an anti NAS sanctuary where you can all pat each other on the back for "getting it right".

Regards, Max Philips.

If you could pass that on, thanks Woomeries.

Cheers... Max.
Having posted this email, we wish to make it clear: (a) we are not a proxy PPRuNe posting service, and (b) the opinions expressed above are Max's personal opinions and not those of PPRuNe or Woomeri, who are unbiased in this debate.

Woomera