PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Residential Condensed Course - ATPL
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2004, 20:15
The Otter's Pocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

The problem is with running my own company every time I sit down to study and try to progress, the telephone goes, a customer has a problem or one of my staff has an "emergency".

I am finding it more and more difficult to make the time and keep the momentum going. The course isn't difficult it just needs me to be in the right frame of mind to study. I know that several others of my piers have the same problem.

I know that I can leave my managers in charge for the period required as the company is now maturing, however justifiying the time to myself away would require a course that I could get totally immersed in.

I am from a military background and everything that has ever been taught has been intense and logical, with the aim of getting people through a course ASAP with a high pass rate.

Prehaps there is an opening for this sort of course that could take people who don't want to pay the larger schools huge sums. A sort of cross between Modular and Integrated Course, that is intense but moves through the sylabus in a succinct and logical manner within a tight time frame.

Many of the courses that treat their students like this are those that offer cadetships.

I think that I may need a kick up the bum, as my motivation is there but it is just hiding at the moment.