PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Trial Rosters
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2004, 19:10
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I find the first day of earlies usually the most dangerous/fatigueing as you change from off days (sleeping in late) to getting up at 0500 or earlier. That first day I usually feel absolutely knackered as Iīm an evening person and I like to stay up late during my off days.

However, the human body (and brain) adapts quickly and as the row of earlies progresses, I find it easier and easier to fall asleep in the evening and thus getting my required 8 hours of beauty sleep.

I think the CAP 371 īself induced jet lagī rules (max 3 earlies) are absolutely ridiculous as your body clock is completely thrown off ballance every 3 days! Think about it: you start early (trying to go to bed and getting up early) then after 3 days change to lates (sleeping in, but also working until past midnight) and consequently having 3 (more like 2!) days off. Your body clock is like a dog chasing itīs own tail! It can never catch up and is experiencing ījet lagī from flying in Europe with max (!) 2 hours time difference!

Absolutely insane! No other EU country has (as far as I know) simular rules and itīs about time the UK steps into the 21st century!