PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Tanker Deal??
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2004, 13:58
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Mary

I speak as a Flt Eng who has seen the light, has gone already and was once an instructor at the School.

Once the school shuts it will never be able to be re-opened. It is true that nothing is impossible but in century 21 politics it will never ever be possible. No one in authority in the Air Farce would ever admit they were wrong, it just doesn't happen!! And re-opening the school could be seen to be just such an admission.

In addition Flt Eng critical core manning is almost at the point where there can be no return. Where would you get the instructors from? Most FE's are so disillusioned that I doubt you would get volunteers and if you did or they ordered pressed men, they would have to come from the last remaining front line posts thus robbing Peter to pay Pauline!!

betty..

Agree with you, eventually I think only BZN and CWL will remain!!!

Why do you need tankers if you have no (or just a few) fighters to refuel?? The Tri* if it comes in would be a big fudge but better that than no tankers at all.

I can't see the PFI AAR programme surviving in the shape it is today, we can't afford it as a nation and as far as Joe Public is concerned we most certainly don't need it!!