PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Residential Condensed Course - ATPL
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2004, 11:42
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read the books...studied distance learning...
You don't say which school you did your distance learning with, but whatever school it was, they will have a brush-up course similar to Bristol's two-week course. What's more, if you've already paid for the books then I would guess you've already paid for the brush-up course, too.... so why not at least give it a go? As long as you've got good marks in your progress tests, I think you'll find that the brush-up course will be more than sufficient. It's perfectly normal to start the brush-up course feeling that you've forgotten 95% of the stuff you've learnt, and the brush-up is designed with that in mind.... it will take you through the whole syllabus at a rate that's just right to remind you of all the stuff you've already learnt once but forgotten.

If you come out of the brush-up course still not feeling ready for the exams, then ask the question again. I don't know of any courses that do what you're asking for, but I'm sure there are a few groundschool instructors out there who would be happy to spend the time with you privately if that's what you want and if you can pay them, but I suspect you'll find it's not necessary.

Good luck!

FFF
------------