PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment woes at BA.
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2004, 22:29
justinzider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mate of mine who has been in the pool since Sept 11th failed the interview 5 weeks ago. He was called up by BA last week, they said that he hadn't failed after all, and that he had done "very well". They are now offering him a Sim Check.

What a shambles!! This shows how well recruitment is really going. Desired numbers have not been reached therefore "standards lowered".

My advice was not to accept if offered the job. I am 36 and joined 3 years ago, prospects here are not good for someone of my age, you need to join before 30 in order to get close to enjoying the lifestyle and career progression that come with Seniority.

I would have been better going for Virgin or staying with my last employer!!

BA's new DC Pension is a joke, their contributions are 12% of PENSIONABLE PAY not BASIC SALARY. Pensionable is about 15K LESS than basic! Compare to Virgin's 15% contribution on both basic salary AND flight pay. No brainer!!

What I remember from the 1-11 Sim was that it was tricky getting a scan going (coming from EFIS 737), but what they were after was decision making, management of medical emergency and subsequent diversion, plus "catching" low QNH altimetry and tail wind low track mile gotcha's. The assessment is an overall thing to see how you will cope with future conversions.

I got a "G" induced stall warning in the hold and still passed!