PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RVSM in London Airspace
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2001, 17:56
vipero

Thumbs up

An ops point of view here (cannot speak for all ops controllers/dispatchers, but I guess 90% do the same

RVSM compliant aa/cc shows letter "W" in ATC fpl (section 10), this should help ATC'ers.

I've read here about ops that should plan the right level. What ops normally do is to let their flight planning system choosing the best level, then we care about SRS's, CDR's, CRAM's, AIM's etc...In poor words, we file an ATC fpl prying to get an "ack" from Eurocontrol at the first attempt.
In addition, when RPL's (repetitive flight plans) apply, they are checked by Eurocontrol the first time, then generated automatically by the system...we suppose they are filed according to all existing regulations.
Anyway my experience is that what ops file, Eurocontrol receipt and ATC applies are three different worlds...Then there's a fourth world: pilots, but this is another story

Now my question is: when RVSM will be fully implemented in the whole europe, they should indicate some sort of gates from where you are not RVSM anymore: i.g. the routes to/from Brazil, at a certain point the levels used in the SAM area are exactly the opposite to european (and general) semi-circular levels.

Ciao
Paolo