PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford LPP
Thread: Oxford LPP
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2004, 08:36
RED WINGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you would take my advice, and I would say the advice of most OAT graduates steer well clear.

Career Help!!!!!!!!!!!
I know of at least three people pursuing legal action.

As for student priority it used to be integrated over modular, now its APP and screw the rest. I know of many of the integrated students who were screwed over and ended up spending 2-3 months longer at the school than they were supposed to due to the darling APP guys starting up on the flight line. Can't wait to see how they explain to them when they finish that they can't place them with the advertised suitors.. The only option is to fly for a mystery asian airline for £12K a year but its OK because the cost of living is cheaper out there. I assume these mere mortals have to pay the bank manager at the end of the course. Don't you love small print!

Don't get me wrong, the ground school is excellent, although I believe there are also difficulties with this now and instructors being swapped around all the time. The flight instructors were of an excellent standard, the aircraft mediocre to poor. But the organisation itself is an absolute shower of s t. Take the time they say to complete, add 75% and expect them to frustrate you to within an inch of your life.

As for the IR first time pass rate they claimed 85% if memory serves me. I would have said nearer 50% and first series, not first time. In three months I only saw 5 people pass the IR at first attempt but what do you expect when you only get to fly twice a week if you're lucky. Ironically, of those 5 people, four were modular. Just shows you their elite integrated course ain't so hot.

My personal advice to anyone who is considering Oxford is pay nothing up front (Unlikely they will let you) or avoid like the plague!!!!!!!!! Mind you I have heard horror stories from colleagues about most integrated schools so hey maybe Modular is the best route. Let's face it, they have to give good service if they want to keep your custom!