PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA777 biz class seats... what is best?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 17:16
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes, definitely switch to the last row of NCW as this is one of the window seats you can easily get out of because you don't have to climb over the aisle pax.

Just to prove that people will construct websites about anything, I think I can safely suggest that you have a look at www.seatexpert.com and www.seatguru.com. (Safely, because they're not "competing" message boards.)

Your configuration may or may not match those shown in those sites. In particular, I'm guessing that you may be flying from Gatwick to either Tampa or Orlando, flying out before 19 November and flying back after that date. If so, the reason for the different configurations you are being shown is that the aircraft usually used on those routes are being changed over to New Club World. However, there will be no first class on those routes and the cabin will be Club, WT+ and normal WT, so the layout will be different from those shown.

Are you flying out between 25 October and 19 November? If so, there is a chance that you will actually get an aircraft with New Club World anyway. The last three Gatwick-based 777s that are being done are due to be completed on 25 October, 19 November and 12 December, I think - so although the period between the first and second dates is being sold as 2 class, the airline will actually have one more dusked 3 class aircraft than the sales plan calls for.

Nevertheless, the comments about the seats in those sites will give you some pointers as to why certain seats are considered good and some are thought bad.

BahrainLad is right about the downside of being near the WT+ bassinet positions - you'll have to weigh that up against the benefit of being able to get out easily. However, your proximity to WT+ does depend on the way the aircraft is laid out, and I haven't yet seen a seat map of a JWY 777 yet so I don't know.

Don't worry about the person in the aisle seat whom you will be facing. There is a privacy fan which blocks your view, so you don't have to stare at that passenger - unless, of course, you both decide that you do want to after all. And the seats are like cubicles, so you are physically separated when sleeping.

The only seats that are not like that are the backward-facing pair in the middle, which have neither physical separation nor a privacy fan. But then, you don't have either in a conventional all-forward facing layout either. And the middle pair are good for couples.

Last edited by Globaliser; 3rd Jul 2004 at 17:30.