PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Routes Around The UK
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 16:38
J-Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,
Currently Euroexecutive are operating flights to both Guernsey and Jersey from Shoreham. Flights are operated to Guernsey on a daily basis and four times weekly into Jersey. Rockhopper are operating a daily service (except Tuesday) from Alderney to Shoreham as well.

Rockhopper launched flights from Jersey to St. Brieuc at the end of May, these flights are operating twice daily except on Tuesdays when there is one flight. Now being part owned by Guernsey based company Healthspan, I suspect that we will see more expansion from them in the future.

There was mention in the local media last week about re-establishing flights from Jersey to Caen by local authorities although there is nothing specific at the moment.

Aurigny will end their Jersey to Manchester service due to poor loads in July, attributed to the poor timing of the flight and the obvious competition from British Airways and Bmibaby. On a more positive note the Bournemouth service goes twice daily on a Friday with an evening service from Jersey and Guernsey.

VLM’s flight from Jersey to London City started on the 30th June. Flights are operated three times daily on a weekday, once on a Saturday and twice on a Sunday. VLM had named one of their aircraft ‘States of Jersey’ to celebrate the new service but permission was not granted since the States did not want to give the impression that the airline was a state entity. I believe it will be renamed 'Isle of Jersey' instead. VLM provide a good platform for European connections as well as possible new services from Jersey so hopefully the service will prove sustainable.

That’s all I can think of from the Channel Islands