PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Force Development Squadron
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 14:13
Anita Bush

I think that some (not a lot) of what their Airships are trying to achieve with this scheme is good. I.e. develop leadership skills in those that have had no formal training (ala IOT AAITC etc) However, it comes as no surprise that there is no extra funding for this scheme and it seems that it is making ‘jobs for the boys’ to justify their existence.

It reminds me of the NHS a few years ago. Good corporate speak, lots of courses available to improve your customer care skills. More managers to justify their ‘in house’ training schemes. But due to the cost; less services, nurses, cleaners etc.

Did that result in a better service for patients and staff? Did the staff feel more fulfilled? Or did they end up working longer, harder and getting more pi$$ed off?
Sound familiar?
Answers on the back of a P45

By the way – part of this scheme will be the inclusion of the fitness and the swimming test.
Does anybody know of anyone who has failed the swimming test having passed it in previous years? Do people genuinely forget how to swim from one year to the next?!!!