PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 12:17
OverRun
Prof. Airport Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gagged Again,

Sorry to interrupt you in full flow but
Hey Mike, ever flown an airplane of any sort yourself?? ( the Jumpseat /back seat doesn't count, nor do model airplanes.. sorry) Ever stuck your head into a set of binoculars/ or kept your eyes stuck on a radar screen for 8 hours? WHAT? YOU HAVEN'T?
I wanted to point out that if you stick your head inside a pair of binoculars, (a) you must have a small head, and (b) you risk getting splinters from all that nasty glass you'd break on the way in. Also I can understand your own dedication which gives you the ability to keep your eyes stuck on a radar screen for 8 hours. That is the sort of commendable dedication to your calling that has made aviation what it is today. Tracking flights across the screen, turning flights this way and that, intricately weaving aircraft in a three-dimensional kaleidoscope. Please don't take this badly when I advise you that Broome doesn't have a radar unit so although the radar screen might keep you transfixed and entertained for 8 hours, Walley2 might not think it worthwhile to keep his eyes stuck on the radar screen for that long.

I think Ferris has covered all the other points very well, and echoed the opinions of the rest of us.