PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 10:43
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gaggedagain/Max/whatever

Do you think the personal attacks get you anywhere? Except to show your arguments as bankrupt and devoid of merit- just like Dick's.

I think you will find that Mr Capelhorn had the courage of his convictions and went out and commissioned actual experts (as opposed to imagined ones) to write a report, the Broome DAS. He has since quoted that document as his basis for reasoning, and placed it in the public arena for scrutiny. The glaring difference between his style, and Dick's, is obvious. No 'I believes', 'I am told by experts' or 'stop it or I'll do whatever I have to to ruin you'.

But the real gem in your post is
As for the rest of you anti NASers who actually have serious points of view, I bet 90% of you are either ATC or high capacity RPT jockeys
Who else would be in a better position to offer opinion on airspace? Who else would have greater concern for safety in their daily professional lives? Since these groups would be the main users of airspace, whose opinion should carry more weight (and by 'main users' I mean quantity-wise)?
Don't you think that RPT pilots were low capacity RPT, CHTR, AWK or PVT , or were they just born with ATPLs? It could be argued that a lot of RPT pilots are just those guys with more experience . You will also find that the loudest anti-NAS voices in ATC are either PPL or CPL holders. I know one thing for sure- before I became an ATC, as a low-time pilot, I really knew f-all about how the whole system worked. Only later did I realise how little I actually knew. Yet you think I was somehow in a position to design airspace? Entitled to input, certainly, but surely only commensurate with my experience, and the amount I used airspace.

Do us all a favour- rage agianst the real enemy, the charging regime. It keeps getting worse and worse; Rome burns, the emporer fiddles. Why?
There won't be any GA left, soon.