PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford LPP
Thread: Oxford LPP
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 10:15
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 177 Likes on 68 Posts
In an ideal world you would have one instructor with two students and the instructor would have .75 of an aircraft to himself. You would do two training events a day. An event might be a solo flight, a dual instruction flight, a simulator session or a solo/dual SPIC flight. Occasionally it would be an indepth brief hopefully during a time of bad weather.

During the intensive early sorties leading up to the first solo navs then ideally you ought to be flying a morning and afternoon sortie and backseating your mates, i.e. getting airborne four times a day.

In my experience smaller FTO's will pair you up with someone on a course, allocate you both to an instructor, then let that instructor organise your training as suits. There will be less chopping and changing of instructors, aircraft and flying programs in a smaller FTO. These are usually the main gripes one hears coming from the mouths of those at the larger FTO's.

At a smaller FTO though sometimes one aircraft going tech can wipe out 33% of the flying program. Nowheres perfect.

Me. I'd go to a small FTO where my money meant something and CFIs desk was 4ft away not in another building, up the stairs, guarded by a secretary.

Cheers