PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS Debate: Other Opinions
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 08:31
GaggedAgain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Anti NAS er's

Congratulations, well done, especially you, Mike Capelhorn, for your "obviously" superior points of view.

Hey Mike, ever flown an airplane of any sort yourself?? ( the Jumpseat /back seat doesn't count, nor do model airplanes.. sorry) Ever stuck your head into a set of binoculars/ or kept your eyes stuck on a radar screen for 8 hours? WHAT? YOU HAVEN'T?

What makes you think the fact that you "own" an airport gives you any qualification to make ANY serious comments on NAS pal?

Do you even have any idea what MBZ even means?

Clearly, you have NFI.

I knew a helluva lot about flying as well, especially after I stuck my head into an encyclopedia and numerous books and publications, gee I knew a lot... until I went out and actually DID it.

For you, Walley is truly a well chosen name.

As for the rest of you anti NASers who actually have serious points of view, I bet 90% of you are either ATC or high capacity RPT jockeys, who've been running like that for some time. Have ANY of you ever sat down with either a low capacity RPT, CHTR, AWK or PVT jockey and asked their opinion? Or do you just presume to know it?

Just to throw in a curveball, WHO SAYS whether an airport is an MBZ or CTAF will make a huge difference to who makes radio calls when? Quote all the figures you like, show me ZERO incursions without radio, then I'd be happy. I've heard newbie pilots (pre PPL) trying their hardest who "thought" they were on MBZ were in fact transmitting on flightwatch... with the volume turned down to zero, and couldn't hear otherwise.