PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford LPP
Thread: Oxford LPP
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 02:13
D 129

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a fair idea to have a more "cost competitive product" - but as WWW says, take a good look at aircraft and instructor availability, instructor pupil ratios etc. Some of the smaller FTOs may have a much better "product" and will turn you into a CPL/IR/Multi months earlier and at less cost than OAT. Oxford's ground school is still hard to beat though.

From experience you will not get two sorties a day at Oxford. Last year (when there was, to be fair, a peak in the number of Algerian lads and they were in the middle of re-organising) we were lucky to get 2 or 3 sorties a week.

Also (again from experience) I note the "no career assistance" comment. The careers folks at Oxford are fairly friendly and helpful - their seminars and guest speakers are good - but don't expect any more than that !.

Actual careers help - i.e. putting people onto panels for consideration by potential employers - is not given to all ! - To date this has been a Modular vs. Integrated issue (e.g. BMI Regional - don't even ask if you are modular !). However, quite understandably, OAT will want to be able to claim lots of success for the APP program, so that's where all the best career chances will go. (Although I'm sure not many people actually get their first break through their flight school).

D 129