PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2004, 01:15
FTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou Kev.

So sorry to hear about your kin. So sad, yet so wealthy.

You could almost afford to buy yourself a Pig if you believe Rene's own press releases!!

Seriously though, I value your input into this situation. Thankyou, and I am not in the least worried about your post cutting too close to the bone - I am willing to do whatever I have to to win the day in this endeavour!
I will be reapplying as soon as I can log some more hours. I have just changed employment, and have also gained a position as a Paintball/Skirmish refereee on the weekends! Money for flying now nowhere near an issue with regards to being able to afford it. Good fun as a Ref, working with an ex super-trooper, and a fantastic environment to learn how to keep your head in a situation of extreme pressure. Not sure if the recruiting boys would look at this as a valid "team" exercise though. Part of my employment is that I must acquire a firearms license. Part of this is training in simulation exercises with a small team rescuing hostages etc.
As mentioned, good fun, good character training, but maybe not a team sport as such in the eyes of the recruiters...

Next time Rene decides to get an attack of the clots in the Cebrebral region, take him boxing - give him a real one to ponder over... Sorry...

Thanks again Kev, and all above.