PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford LPP
Thread: Oxford LPP
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2004, 20:45
moo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jam123, it certainly is. I think Oxford have seen there is a very big gap between their modular and their APP and this is the answer.....at least in their opinion.

I think the APP is ridiculously priced and Oxford may be realising that unless they provide this sort of course they are going to lose a huge majority of their integrated business to the likes of Cabair and Jerez.

The main problem I have with it is that when I am spending around £64,000 with a school, I don't want to be viewed as "second rate" which as much as they will argue you won't.....you will.

Some quotes from their website:

By offering a simplified flight training syllabus, with less emphasis placed on maximising multi-engine IFR, MCC and jet training, the LPP still offers potential pilots a course fully meeting all European minimum Licensing requirements.
"simplified??" "minimum licensing requirements"?? What, you mean the same minimum licensing requirements that your APP students attain????? Give me strength.

This new course (available from July 2004) would ideally suit customers who fall into one or more of the following categories:

• do not require comprehensive assistance in gaining employment.

A no-frills license only integrated programme to compliment our flagship APP

I don't want to be 'a compliment' to their APP, some kind of side-salad!!

And "no-frills"!!!! Their marketing department should be shot! If they are wanting to sell themselves as the best place to go in the world. ...
Given the universally acknowledged Oxford hallmark of “Training Excellence”
then they shouldn't be selling their new course as some kind of blue and white stripey range! I didn't do a marketing degree, but even I can see that MUST be a total no no if you want to be considered as the best.

I like the idea of this course, but the problem I have is that if they are passing you off as second best on their website on the day of the release of the LPP, what is it going to be like when you're there?! Priority for the APP guys will almost certainly have been mentioned once or twice in the marketing/management/instructor meetings methinks