PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Breathtest. Update: Captain jailed
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2004, 19:04
Oilhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well whatever the circumstances, I hope the guy can get to be with his family - i.e. passport returned while "details" are sorted by authorities. I hope the British authorities are more humane in their handling of this fellow than the Loudoun County authorities in Virginia.

Virgin apparently still have a senior Captain stuck in the USA (passport confiscated) barred from return to his home in Oxford, and awaiting trial in August for an alleged offence back in December......

Everyone be super careful out there....the TSA are watching/smelling , having entitled themselves to be untrained alcohol police. I suggest brushing one's teeth with anchovy paste, instead of toothpaste, prior to embarking on a close up conversation with the Thousands Standing Around.....

Just had one of our "drivers" get breathalysed twice before being released to fly by TSA and OAK airport police. "Offence"? - doing a tour of Simi Valley wineries and having the audacity to be carrying two (unopened) bottles of California wine back home with him. No alcohol at all on breath but he was referred by TSA to airport police. Flight out two hours late.......

Last edited by Oilhead; 2nd Jul 2004 at 20:42.