PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doesn't Pay to be a ThistleBlower at Airboos
Old 2nd Jul 2004, 15:43
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Strange bedfellows. Not so strange.

To: greciangod

Why did the FAA send the letters to Boeing?
The Large aircraft certification office is based in Seattle. Over the years friendships are developed and as a result the FAA released the letters to their Boeing friends who immediately circulated the letters throughout the various departments.

The reason I asked the FAA not to release my name was to maintain my ability to work on various Airbus related programs in Europe and the UK. Later in the States I worked on the cargo handling systems for the A-340 and the A-380. The German firm that I worked at on the A-310 program looks on me as being a saboteur and as a result all employees and contractors had to sign a secrecy form stating that they would not reveal any technical information to outside individuals or firms.

I found out about it when I was at Boeing making a technical presentation. When introduced to one of the participants in the presentation he said, “Oh, you’re the guy that sent the letters to the FAA about the Airbus problems”.