PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qr Dec Package
Thread: Qr Dec Package
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2004, 05:40
AlfaMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I need info!!

Regarding the comments above, I am reluctant of considering working with QR; I wonder if anyone working there have any answers or comments to the following questions. Thank you.

How can you fly more than the allowed by the aviation authority in Qatar, there should be a maximum number of flight and duty hrs per month, no? Are there any rules concerning minimum rest hours?

Did you sign a contract with QR before you took the job? If so, does it specify the amount of money you get paid and what will be your duties?

What about an operations manual detailing the DH and STBY procedures is there something like this? Is there anything written on refering to the usage of crew uniform on duty?

Do you get a crew meal during flights?

Are there any written rules wrt to staff travel in your contract?

How about details on accommodation, does your contract mention anything about it or anything regarding the shipment of household effects to relocate to Qatar and back home? Did you talk about it during your interview? What was the reply from the company?

I am sure there is no perfect management in any company, not just QR, but how can you be exploited if you have a contract that lays out the working/living conditions? I am sure that if the contract is broken in some ways, you may have the grounds to file some kind of legal action, no? Has this happened?

Any information will be must appreciated, Thank you.