PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A "Hidden" Fare Increase?
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2004, 19:18
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
bealine: Reading between the lines, I feel Internet bookings, e-ticket and self-service check-in aren't as popular as our management think they should be 10 years after their introduction and this is an "initiative" to "motivate" you, the customer!!!
Um, can we have some dates as to when each of these innovations came in? WWW bookings are about 2 or 3 years old on BA, e-tickets slightly younger, and SSCI machines haven't been widely available for much more than about 18 months - IIRC they were domestic only for a number of years when they started off.

You can't lump them all into the same basket either. Internet bookings really have taken off. For full FX routes you can actually do a lot more, quicker, than by phoning - which is saying something for a web interface. If you get the full functionality and you're not trying for anything complex, FX beats every other airline booking engine hands down, IMHO. And virtually nobody objects to e-tickets. That's why these service charges are little more than irritating.

It's OLCI and SSCI that are proving harder nuts to crack, and more work needs to be done on promoting them.
PAXboy: Another encouragement is that Exec Club pays a bonus of (I think) 125 points for each on-line check-in.
It's a limited time offer, targeted customers only. I think it's 250 miles per check-in up to a maximum of 2,500, with the offer ending a couple of days before my next BA sector. Typical.