PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 1st Jul 2004, 17:42
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
As Global Eagle has been delayed/postponed/cancelled, whatever, it seems we have reached a 'half time analysis' stage. This as we can see is not going to be productive. While we wait for the 2nd half to begin, (too much footie on TV), lets look at some figures.

As we stand, PPRUNE has over 74,000 registered users. This thread has had more than 13,000 views and 199 posts.

There have been 10 usernames who have made derogatory comments here, either about the thread or myself personally. Many of these usernames have had single posts, and the remainder have only been 3 or 4. Hardly the figures to show that 'there are many out there' with the same feelings on this thread.

All these few tried to do was 'wind it up'. Notice how they were unable to sustain any discussion.

On the whole it would seem to me that a lot of viewers to this thread have come for the 'banter', arguments, updates, local knowledge en-route, fun pics and general updates. Even those who didn't understand a 'military sense of humour' can get the jist of it all.

Not only has there been local weather reports, satellite imagery, fun pics of Barry 'in country', and topical posts, it would seem that update reports have been posted with a bit more spice.

As I've said all along, if people didn't like it, they didn't have to return. Of those 10, they may not be posting replies anymore, but you can bet they are reading this still.

I'm happy to bow down for the time being, until it all kicks off again, (later this year??), however I have to reply to the comments made by people complaining about this thread.

Why don't they just use the GE site for their information?

--------------------
Your opinion of me is none of my business.