PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "scope" is it the BA b scale
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2004, 15:14
Diesel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come now Shamen.. are you serious!? I was at lgw when it became EOG. I remember being given a little blue folder with the new working Ts & Cs. Wherever it said Dan Air I was to read EOG I was told. There was no comparison between that set of Ts & Cs and the mainline ones on which I had previously been working.

LGW was a very happy base, always has been for all kinds of reasons. Certainly within BA at least happiness appears to be inversely related to pay!

Seriously, is the pay higher or lower now than under Dan Air? Tell the truth.....

Yes the rostering is poor. As has been mentioned that is another piece of the puzzle for BALPA to work on.

Oh how many captains did I fly with back then full of stories about how much better life was in dear old Dan... somehow they always omitted the change in income, & career possibilities within (new to them) BA. It's easy to apply rose tinted spectacles looking backwards. Do it myself when I remember my time at lgw. But in honesty I find it hard to believe life would be better there without BALPA's input. I dread to think what the rostering would be like then....