PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD slammed on troop over-stretch
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2004, 13:24
pr00ne

Received 140 Likes on 65 Posts
Talking

Navaleye, (blind AND blinkered)

I live between London and Oxford, I know exactly what is happening around me, I just happen to have a sense of perspective and refuse to accept the nonsensical meanderings of the Daily Mail on issues such as Asylum.

Jackonicko,

Agree on the redneck issue BUT, please do not think that I have any time for our political masters, of whatever persuasion. I just get very rattled when simple prejudice as shown by the Daily Mail and the likes of Navaleye, get in the way of decent rational debate. Yes, there is an issue with the current size and shape of our armed forces, I just do not accept that that is purely a political affair, the current crop of military leaders are just as much to blame.

I also get frustrated when people resort to misinformation and talk about Defence Cuts when there is no such thing happening, that doesen't mean that I agree with what Hoon and Blair are doing, just as I deplored how Thatcher and her crowd treated the military.

I joined the RAF in the late 60's and left in the very early 80's. Many of my friends are still in as very senior officers and a lot of what I hear from them I cannot repeat as it was told me in confidence and after all is only hearsay.