PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 1st Jul 2004, 10:02
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
If that's what you want slack can be cut, but to use this thread as an excuse for losing sponsorship is a bit straw clutchy. I didn't realise that this thread was so powerful.

If what most of what your 'supporters' say is true, ie. I am a tedious little man, sad git, SadmanSid, Clever t**t, tosser, cnut, very sad little man, a Dick, any other insults I've missed, who is going to take notice of the ramblings of someone described as such?

Surely any potential sponsor wishing to know more about the expedition would take the gen from the Global Eagle website or even maybe come and visit the team perhaps??
IMHO, I honestly don't believe that they would base their opinion on an open internet forum.

Perhaps the problem lies elsewhere!

As you brought it up, your PM about security was adhered to by me as you requested. Unfortunately, the GE website webmaster didn't, and that, if anywhere, was your problem. All my updates were from your own site.
From 'Global Eagle' ;
"This project has had a lot of ups and downs, sadly too many downs for my liking and it's just a fact of life that people will form an opinion on just about anything. The fact is that as a team we have dealt with it and concentrated on a common aim. Some of my closest friends are serious doubters about the expedition succeeding, some openly declare it and others choose to say it after i've walked out of the door, after the smile and the "good luck".....

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at PPRUNE for their support, especially those that have taken the trouble to visit, and silsoesid for generating this thread. I DO NOT believe that there is no such thing as bad publicity but on the other hand I DO believe that everyone has the right to an opinion, and to voice it.

Best wishes

Pete Taylor
GE2004
A calm and well thought out post. I think Petes last paragraph there says it all.

By the way, just a little freebie helper, apart from Eastern Russia, Alaska (interesting reading here ), N. Canada, Greenland, Iceland and the Faroes at that time of year. .........

Normal dates of withdrawal of south-west monsoon over Indian region;

--------------------
Your opinion of me is none of my business.