PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Confidential Incident Reporting
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2004, 00:53
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Sultanas,
I would agree with you that due process certainly wasn't followed in that case, and I assume that a government department may be a little more even-handed... I mean, did the FO have the right to go to the AAT? I certainly am not suggesting that this be the modus operandi of a CAIR-type system. My only point is that we no longer have a confidential reporting system where a person can, without fear or favour, make a report against another party, anonymously, to improve safety. And for the reasons you have stated, I do not buy the argument by Time Bomb Ted that you simply pick up the phone and ring the hotline.

Cancellation of CAIR, despite it's failings, has, in my opinion, removed a vital plank in the battle to improve aviation safety. Funny the boat people have just got a similar system?! Anderson and his cronies should stop wasting miilions on Dick Smith airspace and give BASI ooops ATSB Aviation division some additonal funds to set up and run a robust, accountable confidential reporting system.