PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Force Development Squadron
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2004, 21:05
JessTheDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This *could* have been a good thing and *might* even turn out OK. High-powered executives pay to run around playing paintball and things like that - we have armories with blank firing attachments and rifles that can be used to much greater effect. We have well-trained PEd staff that could take us out hillwalking, abseiling, orienteering or kayaking or whatever. Normally, it is getting the time to do these things that is the problem. So, this sort of thing should (in theory) be embraced!

However, I have a looming sense of dread that the fcuk-around factor will inexorably rise to the surface like a large steaming....well, you get the idea, particularly after the post mentioning more drill! We may have to endure the pine pole and lashing type b@llocks exercises like in officer training! I suffered greatly on these types of leadership exercises because I just could not get excited about making a tripod and being seen to "lead". Best part of IOT was graduating and thinking "no more drill or pine poles, real world here I come" - how misguided I was!

Maybe the airships are wallowing in nostalgia and thinking "aahhh, Cranwell taught me to lead, lets have some more of that..." Nooooo!!!!!