PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 30th Jun 2004, 20:48
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
What's that? Sabotage from within!

A v.quick google search came up with this;

Normal dates of onset of south-west monsoon over Indian region.

http://www.imdmumbai.gov.in/Onset.htm

Now, there are those at GE who say, " we were aware of when it normally starts and this was taken in to account. "

Going through the message board posts on the GE site, arrival in India was always to be at the start of June, thereby taking on the monsoon head-on. (Arrived Ahmedabad 1st June !!!)

Enough of all this b ks about;

"small people who sit on their posteriors and whinge and criticise. If they were half the man that you are, then perhaps they would be more successful in life"

"Better to have tried and failed than not to had tried at all"

....etc etc.

Perhaps it would show more b@lls to postpone right from the start for another 4 months. But I suppose pressure overcame sensible descision making and forced Barry to begin the trip.

Army Flying Standards (allegedly) on the GE message board say, "Very well done thus far and an even bigger well done for making the right decision with the problems of the weather. "
(Barrys reply is a corker)

Look at it his way;
If you were on a Standards check ride and this same situation happened, ie take a chance on the Wx and get caught out, they would chew your b@lls off!
But if you said before departure, "Sorry the Wx will not be too good and I won't be able to achieve the aim safely, have a look at this lot of met", that, would be a good captaincy decision."

Then again, have standards ever been standard? (Another thread, best QHI to have for a standards trip )

Perhaps some nests had already been feathered.

Must go to the 'Muskies' to check out the latest gossip
SS (Pint of best, pack of pork scratchings and a panatella!)

--------------------
Your opinion of me is none of my business.