PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax Exemption - Lobby your MP
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2004, 13:47
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AA

Come on old chap, give BUS a break! The points he makes are extremely valid, and I for one agree with him. This is NOT about Mrs BUS or their offspring, it's about the continued erosion of what (very) few benifits we had, being further lost.
Why should we have to pay income tax when we spend so much time out of the country?
Why should we not get a rebate on our council tax, car tax and insurance costs?? Whats wrong with that?
As for your comments about blunties - well I can only assume that such a sad statement can only have come from an ex Bluntie?? Is that the case AA??? if so, bu$$er off - this is an aircrew forum!
The fact is, people like BUS (and many more) are risking their necks for the likes of imigrants, asylum seekers and goodness knows who else. He sees all of his benefits rapidly being lost, and yet the benefits of those others rapidly increasing. Ultimately IT IS NOT FAIR and frankly it needs to stop, fairly soon I would suggest.

BUS, as I said earlier, I doubt you will get anywhere, 'cos it will cost £££££ and thus you are on a loser! Nevertheless, you win the morale argument every time, and fools like AA only prove the point.

Kind regards to you and Mrs BUS!
The Swinging Monkey