PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tax Exemption - Lobby your MP
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2004, 13:09
airborne_artist
Red On, Green On

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just becuase Mrs BUS is working does not mean you can be absolved from paying for the little ones' school/health as/when you're off in the ulu dodging the incoming. I take it you do give Mrs BUS some beer/Chanel tokens at the end of the month?

It's not the tax you mind about, it's the fact that you are getting paid the same (less flying pay) what a blunty is getting for counting blankets, in which case you are back to taking the dirty money for a very dirty job in a sandy place, if what you want is danger money.

The BGs I know are earning the dosh - an ex-colleague working for a reputable firm got fatally hit last week - leaving a wife and son, but she's certainly not going to get what Auntie Liz would have paid.

It's a while since anyone aimed a shot at me - I took the view that I'd like to see all of my kids growing up, so I've been wearing a proverbial bowler hat for a while now, but it was my choice, and you have that also. See the civvy BBs on PPrune for the perils of working for the private sector (one month's notice and all that...)

Gordon won't wear it - the next thing he'd have all kinds of other special cases (some of whom can go on strike) claiming special treatment.

Save your MPs time for something he/she can vote on that makes a difference.