View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2004, 04:57
Psittacine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From abused:

"Refering to non applicable Mel's
Not writing the snags in logbook's
Writing off remarks that reappears again and again with "not duplicated on gnd"
Sending ac away from mainbase with known snags which causes aog further down the line
Having pages missing in AOM's"

These are par for the course for any airline or military outfit "real" or "unreal". It's called human error and if you think it won't happen to you, review your CRM text. If they do occur, aircrew are paid to fix them. Try an ASR, Comd's Report, personal action or just catch a cab back to the hotel; they work for me.

As for the AAI MX, my experience is that they achieve a high standard of aircraft serviceability and on time dispatch for a disperse fleet in the most attrocious work conditions. They are happy to fly a turnaround to identify flight symptoms and discuss snags in detail for diagnosis. They certainly know the MELs and I have seen no abuse that I have personnaly overlooked. Most of the guys I know wouldn't knowingly clear an unserviceable airplane to the line.

AAI is not a nursery for the depressed it is the Legion Estrangere of airline contractors and it's list of customer airlines proves that it's people do the job.

Air Atlanta IS/UK knocking is a well known trait of the disgruntled and detracts from their credibility. Petals, if it is too hot in the kitchen or the pay won't buy you love and happiness it is time to pursue your other "opportunities".