PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2004, 02:19
allan907
Nixor ut Ledo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kev Rivkin

Hope that you have enough for the bus fare to the jail each week to see your bro'! Or has he managed to pull another flanker, or put a bung in the right trouser pocket, and even now is doing penance in a multi-million dollar hovel somewhere?

I can quite believe you about the civilian pilot applications. I am in that world now and fully understand. What I was getting at was the comparison between the RAAF and RAF. The standard of English for the RAAF (or RAAF wannabee's), as evidenced on this thread, seems to be immeasurably higher than that for the RAF.

I still have problems coming to terms with a post made by a character calling himself 'Flyer1997'. He is obviously a pilot under training at RAF Valley in North Wales and starts his post off with "There is a rumer at Vally". Ye Gods! If the system in the UK is so bankrupt with basic education - or that the RAF selection system is so desperate for commissioned officers that they have to stoop that low - then I give in. The only up side to the whole thing is that, by and large, when the chips are down the modern generation is able to step up to the crease just as well as their forebears in Vietnam, Korea, WW2, WW1, Boer War, Agincourt etc.

[SIZE=1]Apologies to all those living veterans whose campaign I may have missed [/SIZE=1]