PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "scope" is it the BA b scale
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2004, 23:46
MaxAOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Scope is the BaCC shooting the BA brand down. It has prevented the brand exploiting market opportunities due to the mainline business consolidation post 9/11. Facts are that BA has used the franchises to its advantages in the good years and mismanaged the opportunity in the leaner years because of fear from the union. Some franchises would now be operating (profitably) out of some of the regions and taking on the competition head on but oh no the union scuppered it and those opportunities are lost. Because BA mainline didn't have the rights or confidence to do the routes others have moved in - net result less people on BA aeroplanes and the whole brand suffers. It's about time the BA CC realised the benefits of the franchises and stopped dreaming that without them mainline would expand by a whole load of aircraft thus giving their members commands etc. It aint going to happen. The travelling public are as interested in hassle factor as well as cost - if you live in manchester you would rather pay an extra 50 or 60 quid to have the convenience of flying from manchester to the most popular destinations rather that travel to the smoke with accom charges, travelling time, parking blah blah. Some franchises own slots into these destinations not mainline but no it couldn't happen. Rumour has it is that at last the BACC are seeing sense - i hope!

PS. I don't need any smart ar*e telling me i can't spell at 0100 either.

The essence of a successful team is realising you are part of a team!