PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 29th Jun 2004, 22:36
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barry, I recently retired from the Royal Air Force after 38 years of FW flying a variety of types and fought a few wars in the process.

That establishes my credentials. I have a huge amount of admiration for your undertaking, and I am sorry that it has stalled due to circumstances beyond your control. I read your post with a great deal of sympathy and no small amount of emotion - you clearly have great pride in you family and I am sure they will grow up to be like mine. One is now a rotary pilot in the blue suit brigade and the other (with a PPL) is now wearing a brown suit. Like you, I am hugely proud of them and proud that they have responded to my standards and their upbringing in a loving and supportive family.

I agree with your sentiment about the small people who sit on their posteriors and whinge and criticise. If they were half the man that you are, then perhaps they would be more successful in life. I haven't posted often in the forums where your sojourn featured. Frankly, it is due, in the main, to one tedious individual who purports to support you, but succeeds in mocking and making fun of your efforts at every opportunity.

We are bigger people than that. There are many out there (the silent majority) who quietly admire you and wish you every success for your future endeavours. I will watch for future developments and progress. Please keep us informed on the Military forum as to future progress, and don't rise to that tedious little man...

Regards,

FJJP