PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment woes at BA.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2004, 17:31
Monty77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heartily agree with mrsmaryhinge et al. There is no doubt that BA is one of the best companies to work for if you're a young'un. Pensions? Schmensions! Lots of folk retiring recently believed the pension mantra and ploughed thousands in, to receive half of what they expected. If you want the opportunity to fly different fleets/routes/lifestyles over your flying career with the same company and accrue seniority on the way, then it's a no-brainer. If you can get in. To think that because you've got a few thousand hours on an electric jet you jump any queue is one of those instant pass/fail points on day one. I

I spent a lot of time researching the BA entry process/requirements prior to Sep 11. I passed the 2 day entry behaviour and got into the hold pool. I was awaiting the sim check and had no doubt in my mind that I was going to chuck a few hundred quid at a steam-driven sim to ensure success. The thing is, how much do you want to join the company? They call the shots. By the way, my Mum has been driving cars for about 50 years, and she's still not very good at it.

If you struggle to manually fly an aircraft, then my advice to you is to p*ss off down the back and make me a nice cup of tea.