PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot = Idiot - Don't do it.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2004, 17:16
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
V-R,

My neighbour works in IT as a software salesman. Makes about the same as me.

He spends 3-4 nights a week in hotels, is often working or traveling till after midnight, and does lot's of work from home on week ends. As a shorthall LCC pilot I'm home every night. He envies the hours I work.

Anyone in a managerial position is expected to work until the works done. Lawers in big firms are expected to bill for around 65 hours/week.

They're the WELL paid ones in our society.

Ever driven down town on a weekend (you know, when ORDINARY people don't work), and noticed how all the shops are open? Been to a resturant or bar late at night? Think the assistants, waiters and bartenders paid a fraction of what you are wouldn't a)rather be with their families and b) kill for a job like yours? Ever driven to work early in the morning just as the road crew are packing up after working all night?

NOBODY is holding a gun to your or anybodies head. I fly because it's what I like to do, and I feel more than adequatley compensated for my efforts.

The day that's not true, I'll do something else... without ranting on PPRUNE about it.