PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot = Idiot - Don't do it.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2004, 16:31
visuals_rule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Wizofoz"... Well its not really about me. Thanks for the concern anyway. This topic concers a LOT of pilots - And "White Knight"... Get off my arse and go where??? To the much better option like yours? ...or maybe go to easyJet or SkyEurope where I can really get good conditions and see my future lined up????
No guys, like some other people here, keep the bars centered.

Here is what I think it's all about...

We have reached a point now, where any aviation company that would offer pilots JUST A FRACTION of the working conditions that "normal" people have and take for granted - will INSTANTLY be a unique place to work and known accross the whole pilot community for its good conditions!!!!!!!!! Like if just ONE or a few of the following was garanteed: Max. 40 work hours a week (TOTALLY), Weekends off, have time with your family every day, sleep in your own bed, be member of a union, holidays, pension etc. All taken for granted if you are a teacher, secretary and almost any other title I can think of thats not related to aviation.

And about the pay, yes, it has traditionally been higher than for "normal" jobs, and still is in many airlines, but now.... Ryanairs 65 Euros pr. hour minus uniform and prof.check????? ofcourse with no holidays, pension or nothing - or maybe SkyEurope's soaring captain wages of around 2000 Euros??? Any hairdresser or taxidriver has better working conditions than that. Take your illusion serious guys, this is a joke.

No matter what your pay is, the pay is not worth anything if you dont have a life and a future - you are better off realizing that and take proper action.