PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vyse change with weight?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2004, 15:11
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instead of thinking about weights and Speeds

Trying thinking that the coeffecient of lift is constant for a particular flight performance.

So it will give you 2 equations that equal each other. Then all you need to do is remember the one equation instead of lots.

Another note is that there is actually 2 Vyse either side of the drag curve for some types. Due to ram effect on turbines. Both will give you the same performance but one higher speed. The reason why you don't hear of the second one is because Vyse is most critical near the ground where you don't have enough room to accerate to the second Vyse. On my type this is shown by the fact that you will get exactly the same performance in climb by doing 170knts@ FL100 instead of the book figure of 155knts this is 2 engines running but the same still applies because the only thing that is different is the co of lift. which i might add is different for both speeds.

MJ

Ps I am of course talking real life ops with the above not the nice stuff they would like you to believe in JAR. Performance by Swatton is the bible on all this stuff.

Last edited by mad_jock; 29th Jun 2004 at 15:49.