PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 29th Jun 2004, 12:49
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Just been thinking while doing a bit of gardening,

How come Barry just 'went off' on one?
All I asked was for confirmation on which rules, if any, the exped were on and how they related to a postponement.

Seems that someone is a bit touchy

Interesting to know where you see and answer this following message first;

(cut & paste)
Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:12 pm Post subject: Monsoon Hell....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Barry!

I just wondered: Considering this is a 'round the world' kinda trip, and I'm sure it has taken a lot of planning, was no-one able to predict or plan the possibility of the Indian monsoon early enough, for your route to be amended, in order to avoid the trouble location?

I understand it was rather sudden, yes, but the fact is - the monsoon happens every year - was it an accident that you were routed through the monsoon, or are your planners to blame?

I don't mean to be pushy, but a simple search on the internet finds that some areas of the world are destitute and unpassable at certain times of the year.

Anyway, best wishes for the rest of the trip, and I hope that this doesn't dampen your spirits

Kindest Regards,

Ralph Allison
Gillingham, Kent

--------------------
Remember....it's not just the ones who show themselves!
Your opinion of me is none of my business.