PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment woes at BA.
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2004, 10:22
HowLongToGo?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys (and Galls)

Do you not think it's think it's probably up to BA to set the standards required to join BA? If they choose to use a 1-11 sim...or any other, it's their choice. Anyway, an assesment of piloting skills in an Airbus sim...how would that work??? I fly the Airbus and I can feel my 'skills' (the few I had) slipping away rapidly. The Airbus sims at Cranebank are at max capacity now anyway so they won't be using them.

There isn't much point moaning either if you've lost the basic flying skills flying Airbus' for another airline. Anyone joining BA can bid to leave their joing fleet after a few years so if you're not up to flying a conventional aircraft now, you probably won't be in 5 years time which will just be a headache/cost for BA later.

Also, the fact that someone has passed LPC's etc in another company or that we all passed an IRT on a Seneca seems a bit irrelevant. There are good pilots and bad pilots in all companies and they all pass LPC's. The idea behind an assesment is to make sure the other comapny gets to keep all the bad pilots.

Sorry if this sounds like I think BA doesn't owe you a living and shouldn't be moulding their recruitment drive to suit your career path but it doesn't and it shouldn't.