PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 29th Jun 2004, 10:00
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Handbags at dawn!!

Autorot8;
If you don't like what you see with this project, don't come back, its not for you,
If you don't like what you see with this thread, don't keep coming back, it's not for you.
But you do keep coming back. Mmmm......I wonder why?

I wouldn't be any good on 'Just a Minute' with all this repetition I seem to keep having to do!

Just a couple of notes;

"This expedition is not about getting into the record books, it never was."
Really? A quick visit to the GE sit finds these words of wisdom;

"Expedition Global Eagle came about from an idea Barry Jones had back in 2002 to become the first person to fly around the world in an autogyro."
+
"If successful Global Eagle will become the First Autogyro to fly around the World and in doing so take it's place in the history books of aviation."

First person and first autogyro. 2 claims to put Barry in the record books if it is successful and in doing so, what was that? Oh! Yes, "place in the history books of aviation".

Most of the rest of that that rant was taken from some poem I'm sure I've seen somewhere, or was it a song ...mmmm...'We Are The World' wasn't it? (various US artists) Very nice and heart touching.

Steady on tiger, the real world is all over, outside those camp gates that is!!
I'm no flying nut, its not my passion at all. I could leave flying and never look back.
Well, that's a little of the future redundency plan sorted then. I hope you'll not be getting re-current on type, thereby letting those who wish to fly, and have a passion for flying, fly.

As a final word, if GE was so concerned about safety, 3 little words spring to mind.....Time of Year!

Remember also, I'm not the only one and the best place for your enemy is by your side. Nuff said!

SS
(keeping a leveller head)

--------------------
Your opinion of me is none of my business.