PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Waddington Airshow
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2004, 23:00
BLW Skylark 4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

Just to clarify my comments earlier regarding the Typhoon, this was in no way intended as a criticism of the crew or the efforts expended in getting the Tiffie (can we call it that yet?) in the air in front of the public this year.

Dont get me wrong, it was great to see it and I would much rather see it and photograph it doing the 'agile circuits' than not at all, it was just that with all the negative press it has had lately, it seems a missed opportuity by BAE and the powers that be to convince 'Mr & Mrs 2.5 Children' that their taxes have been well spent. Whilst I was fully encloaked in my 'spotters anorak' watching the display, those around me weren't and judging by the mutterings, they weren't convinced it was money well spent.

Having said that though, I haven't heard so many car alarms go off after a departure since the heady days of the Vulcan and the FGR2 - maybe we have a worthy sucessor in the wings!

Keep up the good work!

Paul.

p.s if anyone wants photographic evidence of the Blue Eagles new cut back cost effective display for 2005 - private message me!