PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old Buckenham
Thread: Old Buckenham
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2004, 22:27
stiknruda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OB - a great day out.

Lucky enough to have a machine that was deemed to be interesting enough to be parked down with the display aircraft so did not endure the M25 grid lock of the eastern end and the man-made IMC.

Know DD and like his positive attitude, but did wonder about prolonged use of smoke on the ground out loud to the other 2 who made up our 3 ship.......... I do have quiet concerns about the validity of his business plan/insurance should he over-egg it, especially if there is a promo pax on board.

Justiciar is absolutely right, a DA is not a mandate for business.

On the whole, thought the airshow was very good - Will Curtis continually "steals" the biscuit. As a capable aerobatic pilot, I am amazed by his sequence - getting the flicks to stop on hdg, attitude and the right/wrong way up is pretty impressive - doing it all well below 1000' makes it all more impresive. Then he does all that with some advanced gyroscopics - the stall turn that turned so far it bit itself in the bum, an amazing 540!

The warbirds just don't do it for me - sure the 1st minute is great but it does get a trifle tedious, Mustangs, F28s, YAK11s - all great platforms but all they can do is swoop and loop!

Thought that Peter Metcalfe's gentle Cuban, loop and roll in the Pitts S1S was very nice but would have been better placed at the start of a very exciting show.

FF's photos are pretty good, too! Roll on next year when he and I will be displaying, he'll be flying the Tiger Moth and I'll be showing off my liposuction!

Stik