PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air
Thread: Oman Air
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2004, 19:52
IZK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:cHi everybody!
I am not saying anything negative regarding the omanization, my issue, is the way Oman Air is treating their expatriate pilots.
I am still in the Middle East; the Omani people are gentle and very polite, no discussion regarding that. What I am trying to say is; the management of Oman Air is doing their best to cheat expats pilots. The management used to be very good up till 97, Oman Air earned money, and then, the good top management of Omanis and expatriats, within financial etc, was replaced. WHY?
Omanization started and they assigned omanis on /off. How many Flight Operations Mamager they have had up till now, I have lost the track, 8?
One really good flight manager (expat) lasted, for 3 weeks only, but the record is 1 day (good pilot, instructor and human being), he is an omani , was removed by the “omani mafia” within the company, due to connections, higher up. He is a very good man, now flying with other companies in Europe.
Now the same mafia, Oman Air management, is reducing all the benefits for the expatriates, but for the omanis? No, example everyone had 42 days leave regardless, now the contract for expats are 30 days, omanis still 42. They give the omanis a good pay raise. Expats get peanuts. The contract was equal regardless of being an omani or expat, which is stated by the law of labor in Oman.
These are just examples of why pilots are leaving; regardless of being Scandinavians, Indians or other nationalities.
As I have said before, in general, I do have many omany friends and omani colleagues in OAS, Oman is a nice country and the omanis are very friendly and do not forget the omani hospitality, it’s great.
So, let us go back to the issue, work with Oman air, is not as pleasant as it used to be, after 97. WHY? I leave that question open; the company had great omani leaders before 97.
Do not mix up PDO( oil company) and Oman Air, what we are discussing here is Oman Air, which used to be a good company to work with before 97, GM at that time took care of all employees, with his policy, now he runs is own investment company in Muscat.
As far as I know, the situation within PDO these days are not as it used be either regarding expats, so, what could be the reason????

onfused: