PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "scope" is it the BA b scale
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2004, 14:26
ILLUMINATI25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"scope" is it the BA b scale

It would seem to me that the "scope agreement" presumably negotiated by BALPA is little more than a back door B scale for BA pilots and I invite opinions from all. As it throws up many concerns and potential problems for the industry especially BA. As I understand it, scope allows BA pilots to bid for positions usually commands, in affected companies such as GSS for example. The terms and conditions are usually worse than would be expected at BA and so are the salaries. if anyone accepts these positions then basically BALPA have proven that BA pilots will indeed work for less on worse t and c's, something that BA management wouldn't have missed I'm sure.
It also makes me wonder if whoever negotiated this agreement for BALPA didn't end up on the management board with BA, after all "what a coup", and if he did by some chance then it makes you wonder exactly what hidden aggenda BALPA has and who is feathering what nests for later in their careers.
After all taking the GSS example BALPA have "acheived" BA pilots working for less, not even in BA, because GSS now has potentially a neverending supply of captains this in turn supresses any arguments for a payrise thus keeping below industry rates alive indefinately, and of course it ruins F/O careers at the affected company as we know. (anyone joining GSS now has a time to command of over 40 yrs mathematically speaking at least, the longest in the world I would think.).
So BALPA have supressed pay indefinately, ruined careers and brought in a B scale for BA. They claim to be making lives better for pilots or at least trying. What are they thinking?